Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Whoever You Want Me To Be

Document created Wednesday, ‎August ‎03, ‎2011, ‏‎11:18:00 PM

I can be whoever you want me to be.  I can be shy, scared, sexy.  I can be a murderer, a clown, a dancer.  You tell me what you want, and I will change myself to fit your desire.  It’s what I was born to do, made to do, manufactured to do.  I will betray anyone, kill anyone, love anyone.  I am your servant, your slave.  I will do your bidding until the day I die.  My mind is sold to you, consumed by you.  I live in a shell of lies, one disguise on top of another.  Tell me what to say, what to do.  Put the words in my mouth, the movements in my body.  I will follow you to the end of my days, obeying without question.  Say the word, and I will transform.

A writhing mass of humanity, a monstrosity in my own eyes.  I will poison myself, rip my own heart from my chest, bury myself alive, await the moment your word sets me free.  Then I will claw my way out of the grave, reborn in the dirt, in the dust.  Reborn in the eyes of the serpent.  For a moment, the illusion shimmers, truth fights to break free--

But your voice pulls me back, pulls me out of the mud, pulls me into the lies.

I can be whoever you want me to be, but never who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment